Premarital / Early-Stage Couples Counseling
The early stages of a relationship can be both exciting and stressful. As two individuals gradually learn to understand one another and to negotiate their differences, they are often confused by conflicting feelings of connection and alienation, togetherness and isolation.
In early stage couples counseling, I will help you:
- Explore whether yours is a healthy and compatible connection;
- Improve your communication and conflict-resolution skills;
- Examine conflicting family pulls and differing values;
- Explore family-of-origin issues to better understand yourself and your partner;
- Identify negative habits and relational patterns before they become entrenched;
- Learn the language of responsiveness, so as to stave off emotional starvation and distancing.